Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

reminiscing...moving on

This is the first day of my 34th year. My mother insisted
that I was born at 8pm of October 3 so she deemed that counting my age
should start at that time and not any earlier.

I actually felt good about that idea because I spent
yesterday thinking that I was still 33 :) Such a big deal :) But
when one reaches my age (hu...hu..hu...), and already has a major
operation or sickness, then one feels the years of one's age and feels
sad about losing stamina, strength and everything that is associated
with youthfulness.

I noticed that after my operation last November, my body has
been more susceptible to illnesses.

In fact, I would have written earlier but I couldn't
concentrate long enough for again, I am sick. One of Typhoon
Milenyo's effects. My sister came down with fever and cough last
Thursday. By Friday, I also had fever and an itchy throat. By that
evening, I was coughing and hardly got any sleep. I thought that I
got over the fever by Saturday morning, when my mother and I went to
the hospital for check-up.

Although my fever was obviously from my strong cough, the
doctor still tested me for dengue (platelet count, CBC, urinalysis)
and had a chest X-ray. I was cleared.

The doctor said that my fever would go when the cough does.
I was only prescribed to take Fluimucil (200g) three times a day for 5
days. I asked the doctor to change the antibiotic which costed more
than 180 pesos a day.

But since I don't have much trust on this doctor, I went to
Malacañang Clinic for a second opinion last Monday. The doctor okayed
the medicines I was already taking. She gave me free (cheaper)
antibiotics, too. But considering how far I walk to get to its new
site in Mabini Hall, and how weak I was from coughing, it was only
right.

By the way, Malacañang Clinic in Mabini Hall is only for OP
employees. The old Clinic only now houses the Dialysis Center, X-ray
and Laboratory. All other facilities are in Malacañang Park.

Anyway, I was supposed to reminisce about the past year and
got caught up with my cough. But if I were to sum up my 33rd year, it
was ooperocystectomy (operation to remove my cyst), hospital check-ups
for endometriosis and minor illnesses as rashes, cough, sore throat,
hip sprain, etc., German classes and trip to Singapore.

The idea of the trip to Singapore with my mother took root
just before my operation last November. So it took me some time
planning it.

If I had a lot of expenses on my 33rd year, it was also so
far the year that I had the most money :) Thank God :)

sayong
10-04-06 3:00pm

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home