Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, July 17, 2006

fire drill

Our agency conducted its announced fire drill last Friday.

And it aggravated my cough. My throat has been scratchy
since Tuesday night. I rode my bike after work around Bacood and got
caught in a drizzle. I treated my throat with salabat (ginger juice)
and by Thursday, it wasn't scratchy anymore though I coughed now and
then.

But last Friday, we had our fire drill and the fourth floor,
where our office is, was covered in smoke.

My other officemates immediately evacuated our room at the
sound of the first alarm. Otherwise, they would have been trapped.
The fire was at the training room (between our room and the exit).
The firefighting team members in our unit put out the fire. But as it
was a drill, the whole training room and stairs were covered in smoke.

As the communication team member in our floor, I had to alert
the whole Comm. Team that fire was ongoing in our floor and monitored
its progress. I had to run back and forth to the training room and
near the stairs to sound the three alarms. And I inhaled a lot of
smoke.

sayong
07-16-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home