Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

resigning as yaya

I love my nephew but I am "resigning" as his substitute "yaya".

My right arm still hurts. I thought this afternoon that I
was going to be sick with flu because I could hardly lift my arms and
my back was aching today.

Then, I realized that it is just because I'm not used to
exercise. Carrying my nephew is a lot of exercise.

I usually look after my nephew when asked by my sister; but
not as much as since Saturday. His nanny left Friday evening. And
my sister hasn't found a new yaya yet.

She asked one of our older cousins to look after him last
weekend but every time my nephew saw me, he didn't want anyone else to
take care of him. He crawled to wherever I was or lifted his arms as
a sign for me to carry him. When I leave for work this week, I just
run to the door when he his back is turned from me.

He is actually very lovable when he's awake. The difficult
part is getting him to sleep and back to it when he is too itchy from
his skin asthma. The itch usually attacks around 11pm and I can't
sleep until he has fallen back to sleep.

The result is that I've been feeling more sleepy at the
office and that I can only do my report for my German class when I am
at the office. I still haven't finished it and tomorrow is already
the start of our make-up classes for Level 5.

sayong
09-06-07 11:45pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home