Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, August 07, 2006

Maalala Ko Kaya

Another weekend came and went.

My memory is really short. Just now, it took me a while to
remember what I did this weekend to make me feel so tired.

Perhaps, my afternoon nap, which was ridden with dreams,
corrupted my already faulty memory :). In short, it's hard at this
time to remember which were part of my dreams and part of reality :)
Dangerous, I know...

But my dreams are usually related to what is currently
happening in my surroundings or what will happen in the very near
future.

For instance, one of my dreams this afternoon was that part
of our main street was closed to traffic because of the filming of an
episode in ABS-CBN's Maalaala Mo Kaya (MMK). The area in my dream
that was blocked was at the right of our house.

In reality, the MMK shooting is at the front left (at a
beauty salon in our street called Pyramid) and though there were some
slow down in traffic after this Sunday's masses, the street wasn't
blocked and vehicles weren't rerouted.

The church is just less than 10 lots away from our house and
Pyramid is half way across.

The filming is still going on and ABS-CBN's vans are still
parked across our house up to the Pyramid. My cousin said that it
features Roderick Paulate and Aiza Seguerra and it will be shown on
August 18.

Anyway, our area, Bacood, is currently a favorite location
for commercials and TV shows. Once every month at least, my nephews
or cousins would tell me that a film is ongoing in this or that
street.

We had more shoots last summer. One that I watched was the
filming of the Coca Cola summer commercial here last March 7.

Anyway, I finally remembered that I slept around 1am of
Saturday because I was still searching for a hotel on the internet. I
woke up early Saturday to wash 5 window blinds. It took me until 2pm.
Of course, I was also assisting my sister in taking care of my
nanny-less nephew.

I also slept around 1am of Sunday. By 7am, I was already
washing bags and more. Though I was already tired, I continued with
the cleaning of one of my aquariums (Hmmm…I found three carps dead
tonight).

After that, I fell asleep and dreamed.

sayong
08-06-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home